- Record a message via VoIP phone by dialling *31 and following the voice prompts. Once the recording is saved, it will automatically load to the voice recordings sub-menu item in the PBX Manager.
- Log onto the TMS, go to the PBX Manager menu item.
- Click on the Inbound Routes sub-menu item.
- Select the correct route. Click on the down arrow next to the “Actions” tab and add a new action. This will be used for 1 Holiday message.
- Add the type(Time Based), Description (Christmas/Easter Holiday Message), Schedule (Month, date or day and times), Action (Play File and Hang Up) and Action details (Choose the recording created) to the route.
- Click “Apply” to save the changes.
- During the holiday season, move the action to the top of the list so that the dialer knows which route to follow. At the end of the season, the dialplan will ship this action if the dates are set up correctly.
- Assign the DID’s to the Action group if this has not already been done and click ”Apply” to save the changes.
- Note: This route does not need to be adjusted unless a new DID needs to be added or the holiday times need to be adjusted.
When a large amount of DID’s need to be added to a Holiday message, the best option would be to create a new action group and add the DID’s to this group for the season. It is important to remember to remove the DID’s at the end of the season and add them back to their usual routes.