Start a new topic
Answered

SFTP setup not working

Setup done on TMS, keep getting the attached error reports and continuous error mails.  Anyone able to assist?

txt
(4.32 KB)

Best Answer

All sorted. 

Just by way of clarity for anyone else seeing this post, the matter was incorrect config/permissions the config was set to use "/" but the Euphoria user did not have permission to access that, the config was update to '/home/euphoriaftp/Reporting" where user permissions were allowed

1 person has this question

Good day,

Please provide more info, what setup exactly, what report, what endpoint IP etc?

Hi Chris

Hopefully I’ve reached someone now that’s able to assist.  I’m referring to ticket:  579846 

I’ll save you from sharing my frustration with Euphoria’s support (or lack thereof) and jump to the point.

On TMS, I’ve tried to set up SFTP reporting as follows:

1. URL:  https://ftpserver.co.za:8408/

2. Path: /

User and pass as setup on server.

Attached is what we see on server side:

May 26 11:55:03 ftp1 sshd[26724]: Accepted password for euphoriaftp from 54.195.198.78 port 60525 ssh2

May 26 11:55:03 ftp1 sshd[26724]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user euphoriaftp by (uid=0)

May 26 11:55:05 ftp1 sshd[26730]: Received disconnect from 54.195.198.78 port 60525:11: Connection terminated by the client.

May 26 11:55:05 ftp1 sshd[26724]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user euphoriaftp

No data being transmitted to FTP server – client terminating session.  Also, when attempting to mail reports, nothing coming through to mailbox – only error reports (attached) that IRONICALLY prompts you to contact support that cannot support.  WOW.

So the ultimate question, and please, be honest:

Have you dealt with a similar issue before? Will you be able to assist?  (Or will you be the support agent that want to RDP to my pc to see if I get mails?)

Murray

txt
(4.32 KB)

Hi Murray,

Thanks for the  info. I actually head up the Sysops department at Euphoria, so I'll  definitely be able to assist you. I'll also be in contact with the  support manager regarding that ticket and we'll take it up with the support team, apologies for your frustration there and bringing it to my attention. I have dealt with similar situations in the past yes. Once I've checked out things on this side I'll come back to you

Hey Chris

Thanks so much for assisting - success with the reports!

Just to keep it tidy, can I ask you to please add this as the path:  /home/euphoriaftp/Reporting

I've just created the Reporting directory.

Much appreciated man!  

Answer

All sorted. 

Just by way of clarity for anyone else seeing this post, the matter was incorrect config/permissions the config was set to use "/" but the Euphoria user did not have permission to access that, the config was update to '/home/euphoriaftp/Reporting" where user permissions were allowed

1 person likes this