Start a new topic

WebRTC call ID for retrieving the recording.

Hi,

How would I go about obtaining the call ID when a WebRTC call is made? We need to store it in our system so that we can use it to retrieve the recording later if need be (using DownloadCallRecordingByUniqueId in the API).

Thanks.

Hi Adam,

A webhook can be used on ending of a call to send information such as Call ID, if you are using Agent Workspace for your extensions. This will have to then be configured in the Integration Center on the TMS.

Please provide me with more information on exactly what you are trying to achieve, maybe we can suggest an alternative method on how you can resolve this.

Thank you

Hi Divan,

I'm adding a feature to our web-based inhouse system that allows a user to initiate a call from within the app. I'm using the WebRTC support to do this, but as we keep records of calls for compliance and need to be able to refer to recordings later, we need some way of looking up the URL for a recording.

I know the 'DownloadCallRecordingByUniqueId' action in the API gives us this URL given the calls ID, but that means we need to have the ID stored.

So a high level view of what we want to achieve is the user clicks a call button in our web-based app, the app calls the number supplied, the app automatically saves the URL of the call.

Thanks for your help Divan

Hi Divan,

We're adding the ability to our inhouse system for a user to initiate a call from within the web-based app (our agents use headsets and their PCs). We're using the WebRTC support to handle this, but because we need to be able to refer to a call recording later on for compliance reasons, we need to have the URL for each particular call. I know there is the 'DownloadCallRecordingByUniqueId' action in the API that will give us this URL, but we need to provide the call ID.

So a high level view of what we're trying to achieve is 'the user clicks a call button, the app initiates a call, the app stores the URL for the call recording'.

Thanks for your help Divan.

Hi,

I understand what you are trying to achieve, are you using your own phone app, or are you using our browser phone/Agent Workspace? 

Hi Divan,

We're developing our own browser phone using SIPjs.

Login or Signup to post a comment